Sunday, December 20, 2009

Random Food Gift #7

For the seventh day of food, I decided to make another long-distance food gift and send granola to my college friend Hong and her husband Dane. They both live just outside of Boston and had the most beautiful wedding this past summer. I thought they might appreciate it (especially since Hong asked if Boston was too far away for a random food gift). I'm not sure if they even received it yet, so if not, surprise! Get excited about a package arriving tomorrow.

The granola recipe is from one of my favorite food blogs, www.nutritiontokitchen.com. I don't usually post recipes by other food bloggers, but Nutty Coconut and Cherry Granola was too good to pass up, and I've been wanted to try it for months. Here was my opportunity. It's crunchy and sweet with a bit of tartness. Perfect for Hong. :)

Nutty Coconut and Cherry Granola

Ingredients

2 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup dried cherries

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 350°F.

2) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cherries and mix well. Pour mixture onto a pan and bake for about 15 minutes stirring the granola halfway through.

3) Allow the granola to cool on the baking sheet, about 5 minutes. Add the cherries in with the granola and serve.

No comments: