Friday, June 18, 2010

And The Winner Is...

Cottage Cheese with Lemon, Pepper, and Salt!!! I was pleasantly surprised with how tasty this combination is. It was hands-down the winner for my taste buds. The tangy-ness of the lemon brought out the flavor of the cottage cheese, and the freshly ground black pepper and cracked sea salt made it pop. It's an especially refreshing snack when the weather is hot outside.

Other combinations were alright, but they tasted like cottage cheese and whatever was added to it. You know, pineapple on top of cottage just tasted like pineapple with cottage cheese, added melon was like eating cottage cheese with melon on the side - they didn't enhance each other like a good recipe should. I do recognize that everyone's taste buds are different, and that other combinations might make your mouth sing. But if you've liked previous recipes posted on my blog, you should definitely give this one a try (even if you're a cottage cheese hater like yours truly).

A close second for me was, shockingly, 3 parts cottage cheese mixed with 1.5 parts peanut butter and 1 part jam with wheat germ sprinkled on top. The texture was truly satisfying and the flavors worked well together. The other one I liked, but that I thought would have been just as good without cottage cheese, was the Romaine lettuce, tuna, corn, Italian dressing, tomato, and cottage cheese combo. It was delicious, but again, the cottage cheese was just a bonus.

So here's the Lemon Pepper recipe, even though you can wing it:

Cottage Cheese with Lemon, Pepper, and Salt
Serves 1

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 lemon, juiced
fresh ground black pepper (about 1/8 teaspoon)
cracked sea salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

All I have to say is that I am a BIG fan of cottage cheese and eat with almost anything... though never tried this. I will have to check it out.