Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers


This week I visited family in Massachusetts. I've been having a wonderful time seeing friends, enjoying the cool mornings and evenings and sunny days, and spending time with family. I have bounced back and forth from my parents' house to my sister's.



This evening, my brother-in-law was delighted to make smoked bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. Sounds intense, right? A whole jalapeno. Smoking the jalapeno mellows the spiciness and allows a nice flavor to shine through. A creamy sweet Italian sausage filling helps to cut the heat as well, and the bacon wrapped around the outside adds savory depth. These appetizers are not for the diet crowd, but they are flavorful and satisfying. Don't eat too many, though, or you won't have room for dinner! Make them for your next cookout and they are sure to satisfy.


Don't they look like little vegetable critters wearing bandannas? They were a bit addictive.

Other recipes you might enjoy:


Crispy Oven Chips

Cranberry Sage Cornbread

No comments: